September 7/8/9 2022
La Thuile Mont Blanc, Aosta Valley, Western Italian Alps
Max 5 participants
A hard trekking in tent exploring the wildest side of Mont Blanc, spoken in English
Aosta Valley is mostly known for Tour du Mont Blanc, the distance trekking around the highest peak of the Alps. Today this trekking is incredibly popular, and thousands of people hike it every year. I’m a deep connoisseur of the region, and exploring it during the years I discovered some unknown and spectacular spots, out of the most beaten trails. As hiking guide, I propose a 3 days exploration of the area next summer for English speakers.
This proposal is dedicated to people who don’t speak Italian but want to discover the wildest side of Mont Blanc, the territory between La Thuile and Courmayeur, two small Italian communities of upper Aosta Valley. It’s going to be a small group of maximum 5 participants, who will commit on a 3 days exploration hiking on hard/unmarked trails and sleeping in a tent.
We will start from the town of La Thuile, hiking up to 3000 mt. During the trekking we will explore several spots such as the Arpy and Bella Comba Lakes, as well as the base of the huge Rutor Glacier and flowered alpine plateaus, with a privileged view on the Mont Blanc Massif. I will take care of the food for breakfast and dinner, cooking will be open air. I can provide you with a tent and a sleeping bag if needed.
My suggestion is to experience the trekking as an alternative holiday: a unique experience to cerish for years. Upper Aosta Valley is a difficult territory to hike and the opportunity to undertake a 3-days wild trek studied in detail, in balance between fun and adventure, is a very special occasion.
– Location: La Thuile, Aosta Valley, Italy
– Path type: ring
– Duration: 3 days with nights in tent
– Total distance: about 40 km
– Total ascension (D+): about 2500 mt
– Difficulty: distance hike with technical sections (from E to EE in Italian difficulty scale)
– Max elevation: around 3000 mt
– Wednesday 7th September: 8h30 AM meeting in La Thuile. 5 h trekking with about 1000 mt ascension, sleeping in tent at around 2600 mt altitude.
– Thursday 8th: 6 h trekking with about 800 mt ascension, sleeping in tent at around 2700 mt altitude.
– Friday 9th: 6 h trekking with about 400 mt ascension and way back to La Thuile, arriving at the cars on the late afternoon.
What I ask you:
– great motivation to hike
– spirit of adaptation
– attention and consciousness in the EE sections
– adherence to the Non-Tale Agreement *
* Non-Tale Agreement: there are places so rare and precious that they deserve not to be told. This is to protect both the environmental integrity of the place and not to transform them from wild destinations into tourist spots.
By choosing my excursion proposals, you choose to undertake an exploration outside the most common destinations, and for this I ask you to cooperate with me in safeguarding them. I therefore ask you not to reveal in detail the places of this excursion, and when we publish on social stories or images of our adventure, we will keep the name of the places and the exact itinerary followed by us confidential. Safeguarding passes through the individual conscience, and discovering a high altitude place with light traces is very different from seeing it on a social network and wanting to visit it at all costs.
Gears needed (I will provide you with a detailed list):
– trekking clothing and shoes
– gloves and hat
– backpack of at least 40 lt
– front lamp
– toiletry necessaire
– small garbage bag
– food for at least two lunches and snacks (sandwiches, dried fruit …)
– sleeping bag with comfort lower than +5 C (I can provide it to you)
– light three-season tent (I can provide it to you)
– cell phone charged and in energy saving
– camera and power bank (optional)
390 € per person, including breakfast and dinner
330 € early bird by July 20th
Registrations close on August 25th
Deposit (earnest): 190 € Paypal or bank transfer
Balance on arrival in cash.
By registering as early bird, in addition to having a discount, you help me with the project, giving me confidence and making the experience more beautiful and complete.
The earnest is refundable only in case of trekking cancellation by the guide. In case of dangerous weather (red/purple alerts) it will be moved to September 12th/14th, with the possibility of returning half of the earnest as an alternative. In case of light rain for a maximum of 1 day, the trek will take place anyway. If you will will feel tired and want to quit the trekking, every day we’ll pass from exit points, in this case you will not be refund.
The fee includes:
– professional hiking guide for 3 days
– freeze-dried dinners (vegan / gluten-free option available)
– breakfast based on dehydrated oats
– use of the water filter
– sleeping bag +6 comfort (limited availability)
– 3 season tent (limited availability)
– photos taken by me on the way
The fee doesn’t include:
– packed lunches, snacks and extra food purchased in the huts
– optional night at Deffeyes hut
– anything not specified above
Via this link
To complete the registration it is necessary to pay the earnest. The balance will be paid on arrival in cash.
Places limited to 5 participants. The trek will take place with at least 3 participants.
Registrations close on August 25th 2022.
If you have any question you can write or call me (Whatsapp/Facetime):
+39 342 705 4372